Direct Deliveries – Terms & conditions:
1. Orders received before 12 noon will be delivered 2 working days later.
2. Normal delivery times are between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m and the courier will ring to book in a delivery. They are not obliged to give a.m. or p.m but may do so.
3. In the event of a customer agreeing to a delivery and then not being at home during the agreed time period, a redelivery charge of €50 per pallet will be made.
4. Delivery drivers are not expected to maneuver the pallet beyond the rear of the vehicle but will always be as helpful as possible where conditions allow.
5. In the event of a delivery not being possible due to poor access or gravel drive then the delivery will have to be “kerbside” (i.e. left as near to the property as possible).
6. All goods must be checked on arrival and delivery paperwork signed unless prior agreement has been made with the delivery company to leave the goods at the property at which point these will be left at the customer’s risk.
7. Any delivery issues must be reported immediately to Forest Fuels Ltd.
8. In the event of any dispute resulting in the goods being returned to Forest Fuels Ltd., payment will be refunded to the customer less all charges. 9. Lead times may extend during busy periods.
About our Returns Policy
At Hot Logs we want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase made from www.kilndriedfirelogs.ie (our “website”). We recommend you read our Returns Policy prior to you making a purchase from our website, so you are familiar with our policy on refunds, returns and order cancellations.
We also recommend you immediately inspect your Hot Logs order that we deliver to you to ensure you are satisfied with it. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com . This Returns Policy only applies where you make a purchase online from our website.
Your Right to Cancel your Order (Right of Withdrawal)
Subject to the terms set out below, you have the right to cancel your order and return the goods, anytime before and up to seven (7) business days starting from the day after the goods are received by you, provided the goods are in perfect condition and the packaging remains in an ‘as new’ state, and provided that ; (a) You will be responsible for the cost to return the goods to us. A refund of the value of the goods less our incurred dispatch and delivery cost of €60 will be made upon our receipt of the returned goods. Prior to returning the goods, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this in order that we can be at our depot to accept the returned goods. We recommend you use a reliable insured carrier to return the goods.
If you cancel your order before dispatch has occurred, then a full refund will be made i.e. no dispatch and delivery cost will be charged to you.
Your Consumer Rights
Consumer contracts are protected by the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) (“the Act”) and other applicable legislation.
Under the Act the purchaser of goods has a number of rights, including that: (a) Goods must be of merchantable quality – goods should be of reasonable quality taking into account what they are meant to do, their durability and their price; and (b) Goods must be fit for their purpose – they must do what they are reasonably expected to do; and (c) Goods must be as described – the buyer must not be mislead into buying something by the description of goods or services given orally by a salesperson or an advertisement.
These rights cannot be excluded and are in addition to any extended warranty you may purchase or any voluntary manufacturer’s warranty you may be given. There may be circumstances where you are not entitled to a remedy. For further information about your consumer rights, visit the Government’s Consumer Rights site on gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights.
Refunds will be made by us via the method of payment you used to make your online purchase. Refunds will normally be processed within seven (7) days of receipt by us of the returned goods (as set out above) or cancellation of the Order as the case may be.
Hot Logs are quality assured under the Wood Fuel Quality Assurance Scheme (WFQA) (www.wfqa.org). Any complaint you may have regarding the quality of the product delivered to you must be made in writing to email@example.com . The disputed order must be returned by you to our depot in Grangegeeth, Slane, Co. Meath within one week of your delivery date. We will then follow the WFQA protocol for handling complaints. If as a result of this process it is found that your order of Hot Logs was below standard then we will replace or refund your order.
Minimum Age Policy
Hot Logs can only be purchased by persons aged 18 and over.
Where you have any questions or concerns relating to your Order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This policy is effective from 01/05/2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
– name and job title
– contact information including email address
– demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
– other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping.
– We may use the information to improve our products and services.
– We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
– We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
– We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
– We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
– if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act.. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Forest Fuels Ltd. Grangegeeth, Slane, Co. Meath
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.